WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response Review

Advanced defence tools that stop known and unknown malware threats

What is our primary use case?

We use WatchGuard for security services mostly.

What is most valuable?

WatchGuard is very user-friendly. It provides us with all of the security services we need.

What needs improvement?

When it comes to live-monitoring, the user-interface could be improved to make things easier.

I have been using WatchGuard for more than 10 years.

WatchGuard is very stable. I would compare it to other top solutions. We have never experienced any bugs or glitches.

I cannot speak about large deployments, but documentation-wise, WatchGuard is pretty scalable. It is easily scalable, you just have to choose the proper hardware — that's it.

The technical support is very fast and reliable. They are very professional. We have never had any issues with the technical support team.

I used to use FortiGate. The main difference between FortiGate and WatchGuard is their interfaces. FortiGate uses a web-based interface for configuration, whereas WatchGuard has a special application for management. WatchGuard also has a web-based interface but centralized management is done specially. Otherwise, they're pretty much the same product when it comes to functionality, user-friendliness, cost-effectiveness, etc.

The initial setup was very easy, we experience no issues. It comes with very good documentation.

The price of WatchGuard is very good.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give WatchGuard a rating of nine.

I would recommend WatchGuard or something from FortiGate. These two solutions are pretty similar and very good in terms of quality and functionality. I have personally used both of them and they're great.

Hybrid Cloud
More WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response reviews from users
...who compared it with SentinelOne
Find out what your peers are saying about WatchGuard, SentinelOne, CrowdStrike and others in Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR). Updated: June 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.