WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response Review

Good protection and awareness, good scalability, and good support

What is our primary use case?

We have got WatchGuard Firewalls. So, we use their EDR, which is a part of the security package that they provide us.

We use this solution for additional protection and response. We use it in combination with the antivirus that we provide to our clients. We have the latest version of this solution.

What is most valuable?

The protection that it provides from ransomware is valuable. The awareness that it has is also valuable.

It didn't have a central console earlier, but now it has a central console, which is pretty good.

What needs improvement?

It can have a couple of false positives, but after you add them to your allow list, it works fine.

It could have better Mac support. I am pretty sure it doesn't have much support for Mac. It can be installed on a Mac, but it is not that good.

I have been using this solution for probably about a year.

It is stable.

Its scalability is really good. You can scale up or scale down depending on the number of users.

We have over 200 clients of this solution. We have plans to increase its usage. We'll be deploying it for other clients to whom we provide our services.

They provide very good support. I am definitely satisfied with their support.

It is straightforward. It doesn't take long.

We evaluated a couple of other options such as SentinelOne and Palo Alto EDR Edition. We went with this solution because it is inbuilt with the network security routers that they provide. It is like an all-in-one sort of bundle system, and that's why we chose it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response a nine out of ten. It is pretty good, and I am satisfied with it.

Private Cloud
More WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response reviews from users
...who compared it with SentinelOne
Find out what your peers are saying about WatchGuard, SentinelOne, CrowdStrike and others in Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR). Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.