WatchGuard XTM [EOL] Review

Based on WG, we can deploy 30 offices in a few days, and maintain an excellent visibility of the network traffic for the entire network, using a single console.​

What is most valuable?

Performance, Security Services integration, Management, Tools all included, VPN.

How has it helped my organization?

Security is a requirement for any organization, using WG products you can deploy faster solutions to big problems with a fair price.

What needs improvement?

Intrusion Prevention, Antivirus, and Data Loss Prevention

I have been working with WatchGuard products for more than 15 years. With these specific appliances +2 years.

In my experience with WG, stability issues are associated with bad configurations.

Yes, in the past you could base on the same appliance, in some cases up to three different models. You could grow your performance and capabilities using a license. Now, you need to replace the appliance.

Seven out of 10, with too many areas to improve, when you have many years of experience with the appliances. For new users the rating could be 9+.

We moved because of price, management, stability, scalability.

Super easy to deploy, in this area WG is the best.

Always consider competitive trade and long-term licensing, to get the best price. if not, the product is expensive.

Cisco, CheckPoint, Fortinet, Palo Alto.

What other advice do I have?

Base your design on traffic and throughput, not on users. If you don't, your performance will be affected. WG is an excellent product for small and medium business. For large environments, the performance and features need to be revised and other vendors can offer better solutions.