WatchGuard XTM [EOL] Review

The best features are the anti-virus solutions and the multiple scanning features.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to use it as a gateway for our fleet of sea vessels. We have around 50 vessels that are serviced by the solution.

What is most valuable?

With WatchGuard, we see some bugs in the IT system, and can easily fix it within a few days. It is easily resolved and that is a big benefit for us.

Sometimes we have had issues with the stability of the product.

The scalability is good. Sometimes we need to buy a better hard drive to run all of the services, but overall it is good.

We have used technical support for WatchGuard many times and overall, we are satisfied with it. They are always listening and there is a good reaction time to our findings. When there are issues, they really try to resolve them.

We compared this solution to Juniper, and we find that WatchGuard is a much better product.

In order to setup the solution, it is a good idea to get an expert to help. I suggest improving the setup process.

We considered Juniper.

What other advice do I have?

When considering a product like WatchGuard, the best criteria is: the anti-virus system solutions and using multiple scanners, that's basically the best way to approach an infection. WatchGuard has these important features.