Wave Systems Safend Data Protection Suite Review
I like the device control. This solution helps us manage risk. Re-installation kills machines. To remove a machine, you have to perform a full reimage.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is device control.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution helps us manage risk.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a better upgrade path and process. There are no major issues with the product, but there are major issues with the local reseller and their ability to support us.

We have been using this solution for nine years.

There are stability issues. Once the solution is installed, it cannot be installed again without killing machines. You have to perform a full reimage in order to remove a machine. This sometimes happens during agent upgrades as well.

There were no scalability issues.

Technical support is poor.

The installation was relatively simple. However, subsequent upgrades were always an issue.

In the timeframe when this solution was selected, there were only limited options.

What other advice do I have?

Check on local support, do thorough testing, including how to remove the product.

1 Comment

Chris JoscelyneReal UserTOP 20

I have personally checked each and every Safend technical support event logged to the employer of David Zagorsky. In my opinion, each Safend support request that was received was answered professionally and appropriately. Mr Zagorsky's review does not represent the typical opinions of the many corporate and government customers that have implemented Safend.

09 November 17