WaveMaker Review

This is a RAD tool to build business apps, tables, and forms.

What is most valuable?

This was a good replacement for MS Access in its desktop version. This is because the lack of a desktop version license type Community Edition (CE) helps it to fulfil this role. Not all developers can afford the learning curve paying for it.

It is a Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool to build business apps that lets you work with many diverse data stores and build tables and forms easily.

For example: A little SMB organization could build almost all business apps with it and give its users access from any type of device, from anywhere. This would only need to be programmed and deployed one time.

What needs improvement?

It needs a desktop version for developers with license type CE.

I would like to have the possibility to have a CE that lets me migrate from SQL Server Express, Access, and OpenOffice Base and keep all UI front-end development in just one system.

In short, the 6.7 was good enough. The question is: Will there always be a desktop version CE that will let me work with, for example, five users for free, and then start to pay from user six, or in my case, three users?

Right now, I do not see WaveMaker in this field, and there are others points to ask for from a desktop.

We have only been testing it.

We did not encounter any stability issues.

We didn’t test scalability.

I have used Clarion, Access, and OpenOffice Base.  I switched to this solution for its advanced architecture and CE license.

The initial setup was straightforward.

I cannot advise about a non-CE version.

What other advice do I have?

If they have limited budget, then go for CE.