Webex Review

Easy to use with good stability and excellent audio capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for any virtual meeting. We use it for web meetings that require audio communication, text communication, and video. Video is not essential for us most of the time, however. It's not critical to see staff during, for example, team meetings.

What is most valuable?

The chat functionality and the audio capabilities are the solution's most valuable features. For us, video isn't important as long as audio is good.

The presentation of the solution is very efficient.

The solution makes it easy for us as a team to collaborate remotely.

All of the basic features are fantastic. I couldn't rank them in terms of "favorite", and they are all pretty standard within any other similar product, like Zoom or Microsoft Teams.

Webex offers very good bandwidth managed tools. Even with low or poor bandwidth, the solution works pretty well.

What needs improvement?

The solution should come as a big client for the system. It should be able to be used just like chat software when necessary, similar to instant messaging.

Currently, the solution isn't really lacking in features.

We've been using the solution for eight years now.

The stability of the solution is excellent compared to other solutions on the market. The solution also works seamlessly with both desktop and mobile devices.

Scalability is fantastic. It's really seamless. If you need to have a big meeting, you can do so quite easily with this solution. It works well. It supports a lot of people at once. It may be that up to one hundred users can join a single call. We've tested the solution with this amount of people and it worked fine. However, largely, we wouldn't do that. We'd run something of that size more like a one-way meeting, similar to a webinar so that things are kept orderly.

I've never contacted technical support directly. We have our own internal team that handles any troubleshooting that needs to happen.

The licensing costs are usually billed on a subscription basis, however I don't know whether it's monthly or yearly. I also don't know the exact costs to our organization. I'm only aware that it's a subscription-based model. There aren't any extra costs on top of the standard licensing fee that is charged.

What other advice do I have?

We schedule calls often with this solution. We schedule a meeting and dial-in to the meeting. When I say dial-in, it's web-based or a data connection, not a traditional voice call. You don't need a phone to use the service.

I would rate this product an eight out of ten. Other products are also doing the same jobs, and run the same tasks. The only difference is stability. Especially when we do screen sharing, compared to other products, Webex performance is much better.

The solution is provided from the cloud, so we're always using the most up-to-date version of the solution. Webex ensures everything is always automatically updated.

Private Cloud