Webex Review

Powerful with convenient recording feature and useful mobile app option

What is our primary use case?

We used Webex extensively, several times a day, for internal and external meetings as well as web and video conferencing. I'm a transformation program manager and we're a customer of Webex.

What is most valuable?

I really liked the seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook, so that I could schedule meetings. The Microsoft login was pretty convenient. The recording feature was very convenient and I had the mobile app as well which was an added convenience for me.

What needs improvement?

We had one problematic issue and that was with the recordings that were kept on the web. Initially they were auto archiving but then recordings were getting deleted after three months and we weren't aware of that change in their policy. I lost a lot of my recordings and I think they should have a longer retention period for the recordings.

A private chat option would be a good addition to the solution. If you're in the middle of a meeting and you want to have a private chat with someone, it can be a useful feature.

I used this solution for one year.

In most cases, the solution is stable although a couple of times we had issues with the audio conferencing feature for people who tried joining on their phones. On the whole there were no problems.

I believe scalability is good. We have 30,000 employees in our company and probably around 10,000 were using Webex. An IT team manages the solution.

I contacted Webex technical support after the recordings were deleted but they weren't able to retrieve them for me. It was very unfortunate because I had no other record of those meetings and they couldn't resolve that for me because the meetings had been deleted. That was the only time I contacted technical support.

Prior to Webex we used an audio conferencing solution called Arkadin. We only switched to web conferencing when we moved to Cisco Webex. We had also used Skype but it wasn't very effective. We would use audio Arkadin conferencing and if we needed to screen share we'd use Skype.

We are now using Zoom and it seems Zoom requires more customizations than Webex. Zoom required setting changes before allowing everyone to join meetings and the default settings were not good. Zoom does have the private chat option which Webex doesn't have and I found that very useful.

The setup was quite straightforward and convenient. We managed the deployment and setup ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good software and a powerful tool, I don't have any complaints.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

More Webex reviews from users