WebEx Review
It enables scheduling of the audio bridge with random conference codes.

What is most valuable?

WebEx Integration to Outlook helps our users to schedule audio conference meetings with a push of a button. It is easy to use. This product enables scheduling of the audio bridge with random conference codes.

How has it helped my organization?

I don’t have an example to share. This is basically a cost avoidance solution at this time. In the future it may change the way the organization functions which we support, as soon as they drive more adoption of video and web collaboration available with CWMS.

What needs improvement?

CWMS on-premises solution does not integrate either with CMR nor with Jabber as of yet. There is no video integration with other Cisco endpoints such as DX80, DX650, or the new Cisco IP Phones 8845 or 8865 video phones. These are the areas where it could improve.

I have used this solution for more than 18 months.

There is an issue with MR2 that was fixed with a special hot fix or MR3. If you host or join an audio bridge only by phone, the meeting never ends. However, after reaching two concurrent meetings, you are not able to start a new meeting.

The CWMS large deployment is limited to 2,000 concurrent participants. There is no way to increase this limit by using the same website. A new website name and additional resources are required in order to expand; this is not easy to support.

I would give the technical support a 8/10 rating.

They started using MeetingPlace and followed the path to upgrade to WebEx on-premises as Cisco acquired MeetingPlace.

The setup was quite straightforward.

It all depends on what your needs are. Employ this solution for only the US audio conference when you already have Cisco Workspace Licensing, then it makes sense. I don’t know what TCO would be if you need this for the international audio conference and if you don’t have the Cisco IP telephone or if you are using the Cisco user licensing.

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Take into consideration your user needs, what user experience you want to deliver, and of course how this solution will play with your existing unified or non-communications ecosystem.