Webex Review

The call me feature is one of the features our employees seem to love

What is our primary use case?

Cisco WebEx solution is used for voice and web conferencing across five domestic manufacturing facilities. The service enables our locations to utilize not only voice conferencing but also web which allows sharing of content.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows for collaboration between like teams located in different manufacturing facilities as well as corporate offices, including training.

What is most valuable?

The call me feature is one of the features our employees seem to love, they hate having to locate a phone number to call in to it. They say it is cumbersome.

What needs improvement?

In collaborating we sometimes find it difficult to let others "control" your meeting while they speak, users say it is cumbersome to "pass the puck".

More than five years.

We have had some audio quality issues, and troubleshooting can be difficult because of the details you need to provide to Cisco/WebEx, and that the call needs to have taken place very recently. We have users that sometimes don't even report the issue for a day or two.

We have had no issues with any limitations WebEx may have.

We have had some audio quality issues, and troubleshooting can be difficult because of the details you need to provide to Cisco/WebEx and that the call needs to have taken place very recently. We have users that sometimes don't even report the issue for a day or two.

InterCall: not as much collaboration ability.

Straightforward. Rolled out to users without issue.

Both, we had vendor assistance, but communication came from in-house to end users.

Unknown.

Yes, I don't remember.

What other advice do I have?

Be aware of the different costs associated with voice and data (even if you don't use it you may still be charged).