Fortify WebInspect Review

Easy to use with a simple interface, but we sometimes had trouble capturing login sequences

What is our primary use case?

We use WebInspect for performance network application testing to be sure that we aren't creating any security issues.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the performance.

The user interface is ok and it is very simple to use.

What needs improvement?

There were times when we had to run the login sequence several times in order to capture it properly.

It took us between eight and ten hours to scan an entire site, which is somewhat slow and something that I think can be improved.

I have been using WebInspect for about one year.

The stability is good.

Scalability has only been an issue in that larger sites take a lot longer to scan.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

I have used Qualys in the past but more for vulnerability management in the infrastructure, as opposed to web application security.

The initial setup is straightforward and very simple. I simply download the file on my home laptop and started testing with it.

I can deploy this solution on my own.

I have been told by friends and colleagues that Acunetix is better, so I will be evaluating that solution in the future.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Fortify WebInspect reviews from users