WebLogic Suite Review

There are multiple products that compete with it, but it's completely Oracle, which means that the licensing with other Oracle products is great. I would like to see better scalability.

Valuable Features

I think that the best feature of WebLogic, as far as middleware goes, is that it's very license-friendly. It's a part of the suite of products that our DBA has included, and I trust that because it means the DBA really wanted it. There are multiple products that compete with WebLogic, but it's completely Oracle, which means that the licensing with other Oracle products is great.

Room for Improvement

Because it's in the middleware layer, I would like to see better scalability for scaling up. Also, they should provide sizing guidelines so that customers can take it and deploy it.

Use of Solution

WebLogic has been there for a while. I've had my hands on it since it Oracle acquired the company in 2008.

We've had no issues deploying it.

It's a no-brainer that it’s stable. The only thing you should pay attention to is how scalable it is.

You should run your workload on WebLogic then see if it scales well. Then based on that, you keep on adding the WebLogic server to scale more.

I think technical support is knowledgeable, but in some instances I've seen they are completely focused on one single product, not seeing the whole end-to-end solution of the customer. That's where they get lost.