WebLogic Suite Review

Easy Deployment, Reduces Rework but Expensive

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features of WebLogic is that deployment is an easy process. The code can be deployed on multiple instances without rework.

How has it helped my organization?

With a huge number of servers for our application, manual deployment would be an extremely tedious, error prone and time- (hence money-) consuming process. WebLogic has assisted us in this aspect.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup and administration does require expertise. While bigger organizations can afford to have dedicated horizontal teams, I assume smaller organizations may not be able to afford this. The default setup should include more features such as more scripts and more users with different privileges, which could resolve this issue.

I have used this solution for over four and a half years.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability either.

WebLogic was our first choice.

We did not require vendor support. Setup was done by my team and me.

Licensing is expensive but it is worth the cost. If you are going to utilize all its features, then you should go for it. If you do not have enough budget, you could choose for other freeware options and use automation and orchestration tools instead. This will surely have an impact on stability in the initial phases of implementation.

Although, I was not working while choosing it, WebLogic has been the first choice for organization. However, now after many years we are evaluating to look for other freeware options.

What other advice do I have?

You need to consider the licensing and upgrade costs. In addition, it will help to have a dedicated administration team.

More WebLogic Suite reviews from users