WebLogic Suite Review

It has improved our security but the upgrades are complicated and the integration with other providers needs to improve

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this program for forms and reports, as well as application provisioning for Java and so on.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has greatly improved security wise over the last couple of years. The user experience is much better now than it was in the previous version, version 12. And the new inference manager is also much better.

What needs improvement?

All the areas of this program needs to improve. The integration with other providers and the user management could be better, and the upgrades are pretty complicated. So I would like to see that being improved in the next version.

I have you been using this solution for almost five years.

The program is stable and we haven't had any issues so far.

The program is scalable. You can create domains so we're fine with it. We currently have around 50 internal users and we have customers that which are big, state companies or government companies that use our solutions extensively.

The first line of support in India is quite bad, but as we go further into the problems, we are referred to some really good technical guys, and they are really great. But it's not immediately opened as a priority one issue of support, so that's pretty bad.

The initial setup was complex at first, but we soon got the hang of it and then it wasn't too bad. To deploy it by hand takes a couple of hours, but provisioning with a custom script takes around 10 minutes. It depends on the environment it will be run in.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be: don't complicate things. Keep it simple. On a scale from one to 10, I rate this solution a seven. I think the support could be much better. So perhaps the developers can work on that. Also, the WebLogic management console could be more intuitive or more up to date, because it's still the old console from version 10. Bring us up to enterprise manager or cloud control, which has been in design and very intuitive.