WebLogic Suite Review

A robust and highly available solution that supports multi-domain concepts

What is our primary use case?

We are a company that provides IT products and services. My role is to offer solutions to end-customers and then we implement and deploy it for them. WebLogic is part of the solution that we offer customers because PeopleSoft and Oracle ERP products both use it.

WebLogic runs as the middleware for solutions such as Oracle Business Intelligence and Oracle Retail.

How has it helped my organization?

WebLogic adds a lot of value to business and investments.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature are robustness, high availability, and multi-domain concepts.

What needs improvement?

Deployment and integration should be simplified.

I would like to see the licensing policy simplified.

I have been using WebLogic Suite for about 13 years.

The stability of WebLogic is really good. We have customers running billions of dollars in transactions using this solution.

Scalability is excellent. This is a five-billion dollar company and we have 125,000 users. There are many hundreds of concurrent users between ourselves and our customers. We do plan on increasing our usage.

We deal with technical support regularly and we are satisfied with them.

I wouldn't say that the initial setup is very simple, but at the same time, it is not. It needs an external person to do it, so I will say moderately complex, rather than very complex, and it needs an expert.

I would estimate the time for deployment between one and three days.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud