webMethods API Portal Review

Good for connecting systems and retrieving data, but doesn't have a predefined service for our use case and is expensive

What is our primary use case?

We use it for our ERP systems. It is a middleware tool that we use to connect two systems and the outside partners.

What is most valuable?

It is good for communicating between the systems and for publishing and subscribing. We can easily retrieve data. It is good in terms of troubleshooting and other things.

What needs improvement?

Some of the things that we use cannot be done in this solution. For these things, we have to either use a Java service or a util service. There is no predefined or existing service that we can use. So, we have to work on the util service and write on top of it.

Its price can also be better. It is pretty costly because they charge us for each transmission.

I have been using this solution for four years.

There have not been any stability issues.

It is not that much scalable. We have around ten people who are using this solution. Only the integration team uses this solution. Other teams have the ERP system.

It is easy to get support. When we posted a query or some issues, they got back to us. They are responsive and knowledgeable.

It is straightforward and easy. You have the documentation, which is easy to follow.

Based on our team discussions and feedback, it is pretty costly because they charge us for each transmission.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate webMethods API Portal a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Software AG, Amazon, Oracle and others in API Management. Updated: June 2021.
510,534 professionals have used our research since 2012.