webMethods Integration Server Review

Stable, straightforward to set up, and flexible in terms of pricing

What is our primary use case?

This product is used for application integration. I have implemented this solution for many clients across the world.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is stability.

What needs improvement?

We have been experiencing problems with using Terracotta for clustering, which is something that they should improve.

Technical support is an area where they can improve.

I have been working with this product for approximately 15 years. The organization that I am currently with has been using it for about five.

This is a stable product. The Universal Messaging component had some issues with stability, although they have now been fixed. Over that time, they disappointed the customers for about two years.

We had some issues with clustering as we were trying to scale. We are using Terracotta and it gave us some problems.

The technical support team pays attention to our issues but at the same time, they don't seem to have an in-depth technical background.

We still using IBM MQ today, although these are legacy integrations.

I have just recently started learning about MuleSoft, personally. From my research, I find that MuleSoft is better in terms of their cloud strategy.

The initial setup is not complex. I would say that it is straightforward.

The vendor is flexible with respect to pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I have found that the home-grown products from this vendor always do pretty well, but when they acquire new products from third-parties, there has been some disappointment.

Overall, this is a pretty good product. In fact, my only real complaint is about support.

More webMethods Integration Server reviews from users