webMethods Integration Server Review

User-friendly and it makes developing services quick and easy

What is our primary use case?

We are looking to use webMethods as part of our business process management solution. We have a mainframe and it facilitates connectivity with our database.

What is most valuable?

The designer is very helpful in developing services.

Interacting with and developing services is very fast. As long as the requirements are clear, developing service will take no longer than one or two working days.

The tool is very powerful and user-friendly. For example, I have a new team member and within one or two months, they are able to write and deploy services. Once you have a basic understanding of it, you can begin developing.

What needs improvement?

We would like to have a gateway server included, where we can control the number of requests.

There is an interface in webMethods for building a portal, but we are not using it because the price of the license is too high.

I would like to have a dashboard where I can see all of the communication between components and the configuration. As it is now, it is a lengthy search process. When a request comes in, sometimes you have to go to the administration page and then search the web after that. I need to be able to trace the flow from the port to the service to find the issue and there is no diagram to show me the parts. This is something that would be helpful.

I have been working with WebMethods for more than seven years, since 2012.

We have no complaints about stability.

Scalability has not been a problem for us.

We have not needed to contact technical support.

Our in-house team is responsible for maintenance.

This is an expensive product and we may replace it with something more reasonably priced.

We are considering switching to WSO2 Enterprise Integrator because the pricing is better.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this product is that it is a very powerful tool that will empower the development of services. If there is a proper plan then it can be achieved within a short period of time. After a service has been developed and tested, it is moved to the staging environment. Once it is tested, we move it to production. Moving it will not take more than a few minutes.

It is definitely a product I recommend to people who have the money to pay for it.

More webMethods Integration Server reviews from users