webMethods Trading Networks Review

Handles many e-business standards. Sets up Trading Partner Agreements.

What is most valuable?

• Capability to handle almost all e-business standards: RosettaNet, EDI, ebXML Messaging Service, SWIFT, FIX, and CIDX
  • Web-based user interface: Makes administration and monitoring much easier
  • Segregation of user tasks: Controlled user permissions and gives better control over the TN environment
  • Clear view of transactions: Makes analysis and monitoring easier
  • Capability to set up Trading Partner Agreements (TPAs): Makes business secure and more efficient

How has it helped my organization?

• We could set up all trading partners in one place with different data transfer protocols
  • Makes the middleware environment more efficient
  • Helps the admin team: Has a clear view on transactions and their processing status without digging into actual implementations

What needs improvement?

Configuration and interaction of trading partners in the TN with an ActiveTransfer product.

I have been using this solution for nine years.

New deployer could handle almost all deployment related task for TN components.

We had some minor issues with the EDIINT module which were resolved in the newer version.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I would rate the technical support at quite a high level.

We did not use any other solution previously.

The setup was straightforward.

It is an add-on product to the webMethods product suite. The capability it offers is at a very good price.

We did not evaluate any other options as we already had the webMethods product suite. It was more logical to go for the SAG product.

What other advice do I have?

It gives value for your money. It is easy to implement and maintain.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are resale partners.