Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Review

Poor quality with unreliable prevention and detection capabilities

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is that they have the lightest agent. It's only six MBs that install in a matter of seconds and is very lightweight.

The solution has a very minimal impact on the machine. There's negligible performance impact on the machine and to the endpoints.

Their policy management, cloud-based dashboard and user interface are very easy to navigate.

What needs improvement?

We find that their quality has fallen off over the years. Unfortunately, it just doesn't provide a level of protection that's needed at this point.

They need better prevention and detection. Too many threats are getting through their protection, and causing an infection of the machines, actually.

Webroot is very reactionary. It waits until the threat is active within memory to try and detect it. They need better pre-execution detection and prevention.

I've been using the solution for five or six years at this point.

The solution's stability is at about 99%. They have had a few bugs in the past five years that we've been using their product, however, for the most part, it's very stable and has no major issues.

The solution can certainly scale. We have 2,400 agents with absolutely no issues. I'm sure it can go to 10,000 or even probably up to 20,000, no problem.

I would say on a scale of one to 10, I'd give them a five. Their support is just average. We have had to call in tech support for certain situations, and usually, the response is quick, but resolving the issue is not.

The initial setup was very straightforward. It wasn't complex at all. We found it to be quite easy.

The solution is pretty cheap, actually. At our level, which is at 2,500 endpoints, we're paying 87 cents an agent per month.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of SecureAnywhere, which is for the MSP side. We have a multitenant setup. We have about 2,400 agents deployed currently, and that's what we're using for protection for our clients. We haven't had too many attacks, however, we have had some ransomware situations for some of our clients and that's what caused us to initiate our evaluation project. Webroot used to be really good when they first came out, but now they've completely fallen behind, sadly.

I would advise others to skip Webroot. It doesn't provide adequate levels of protection at this point. They would need to evolve, or improve, their prevention and detection engines before I would recommend their services.

I'd rate the solution three out of ten overall.

More Webroot Business Endpoint Protection reviews from users