Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection Review

Management console allows me to see the status of groups of computers

What is our primary use case?

Monitoring of supported customer sites for issues and remediation.  A number of Doctors offices, and a scattering of other professionals like Lawyers and Training organizations.  Most of these sites are controlled through Active Directory policies and Webroot fits nicely as a one-stop console solution for monitoring of infections.

How has it helped my organization?

I can provide monitored antivirus solutions that are relatively inexpensive to business, in bulk, and the add-on for monitoring (i.e. my labor) is relatively light.

What is most valuable?

• Good scanning
  • Very light footprint
  • Management console that the client can access and (just as important) in which I can see status of groups of computers (I am a consultant, IT role)
  • Price

What needs improvement?

The console spins up relatively slowly, and some of the configuration items are obscure (e.g., reporting back one time per day is a default setting) and need to be tweaked.

No issues with stability.

Not yet. I'm running a very small-scale service (less than 100 computers currently).

Excellent.

I used the Kaspersky equivalent, but the footprint for Webroot is smaller, the console is more intuitive and, unfortunately, Kaspersky has been smeared by Russian/American politics.

Incredibly simple. Register, download and run. (Back to the Kaspersky model last used 2015). It runs pretty much straight out of the box, and deployment is simple.

It is a little harder to calculate ROI because I don't think of it in that manner (not a MBA);
I don't markup the product very much, but it increases customer retention significantly and reduces *surprise* labor overhead.

If you purchase for clients, then you are the managing billing entity. It's better to either get a monthly subscription check from your clients, or to prepay for the year (so as to not keep cash in reserve to pay the bill each month) IMHO.

Kaspersky, Norton, Sophos.

What other advice do I have?

Setup two-factor for the admin console, give "manager" clients access to their own consoles (good PR), and keep a set of shortcut links to the pre-configured install images for each client (if you are using that model). Otherwise, you have to login to download a crafted version for the account, and that sometimes (compromised network) is not a good idea (reveals credentials).

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reselling partner.