WhatsUp Gold Review

Notifies customers of problems prior to experiencing failure

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for network and application monitoring.

How has it helped my organization?

We've been using it for many years and we use it typically for early warning. It notifies customers of problems prior to failure.

What is most valuable?

The threshold alerting is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The user interface has room for improvement.

I would like to see them do an enhancement to the application monitoring. A lot of other products do better application monitoring so they should do some improvements to the application monitoring.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

More than five years.

The stability is good.

It has good scalability. We have over 20 users using this solution and five customers who have deployed it. In terms of devices, there are probably 8000 devices and we have plans to continue expanding the usage.

Technical support is good.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment was quick. It took around two hours and we require five staff members for the deployment and maintenance.

The strategy is typically networking discovery.

Pricing is reasonable compared to other products.

We also use SolarWinds and Cisco Prime. We have found WhatsUp Gold to be generally good for events, monitoring, and alerting. Other products are better for detailed analyses.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product to implement. Check the version that you're implementing supports the devices that you have running in your network. In some cases, some new devices are not supported so check the new device supports before you implement.