WhatsUp Gold Review

Good at monitoring the network and keeps us up to date on the status of internal devices

What is our primary use case?

We use WhatsUp gold for network monitoring.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been used for internal network monitoring but now we need to extend our capabilities and it does not appear to have this solution.

What is most valuable?

It is very good at monitoring the network and keeps us up to date on the status of internal devices.

What needs improvement?

This product should add other options for monitoring. It does not currently meet the broader needs of the banking industry in the version we have deployed.

We are looking to monitor our ATMs Machina .

We have been using the solution for five years.

We use WhatsUp Gold in our network and it performs very well, so the system is very stable.

For the times we have had to use it, the response time is good for WhatsUp. I am happy with the support we received.

In a way, WhatsUp Gold is our previous solution. Though we are still using it, we are looking for another solution. We are working together with Fortinet to find a better solution for our business needs. We will be able to mix our Cisco and FortiGate solutions to resolve a larger issue on our network.

They could use a little effort to improve the monitoring of all our network transfers and devices as some things are not supported. Now we are looking for a solution to include monitoring our ATMs as well as monitoring our servers and other devices.

The initial setup for the product is easy. It is easy to configure and you can understand how to work with it the way we use it without any complexity.

We installed the product ourselves.

We only use the product for monitoring our network devices. We don't look to it to provide security because adding that functionality adds that price to our costs. Overall, the pricing is a little flexible but it can be expensive. It is half good and half not so good. They have different licensing and configuration plans.

What other advice do I have?

Most of the companies we want to provide assistance to are banks that are looking to monitor their ATMs. We provide services to insurance companies from Pakistan and the price is very expensive. So, having the ability to serve banks better will be very, very good for us because and most of the bank will bring their business to us if we have the ATM monitoring feature.

On a scale from one to ten, where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate WhatsUp Gold as a nine because it is good at what it does. For what it does, it is almost a ten. But obviously, for us, it cannot do everything that will help us grow our business.