WhatsUp Gold Review

Monitors the network database and the GUI is improved

What is our primary use case?

I use it on premises to monitor my network database. We monitor the link up/down and use the SNMP traps as well.

What is most valuable?

We had a few requirements specifically for our applications and I think they did some development on WhatsUp Gold features for us.

The new version has a lot of improved features. The graphical user interface was quite improved from the old version.

What needs improvement?

I think there are a few bugs now. Although they give some resolution for this, we cannot share the network remotely because of our company policy.

We've been using it for two years.

The systems are stable.

Right now we need two people for deployment and maintenance.

We had a good experience with their technical support.

It was easy to set up WhatsUp Gold. Due to scanning such a high number of network bearers, it takes quite a long time to do the installation. It took a couple of hours. I would like it to be faster.

We used the local integrator and we got training from them after that. Other things have also been stuck at the deployment.

Yes, we've seen a return on our investment.

There are some subscription charges that are quite heavy. I need to pay for support every year and these charges can be quite expensive. Aside from the initial cost for the tool, you need to pay additionally for support.

We also considered PRTG and SolarWinds. I do not remember the report, but we came to the conclusion that WhatsUp Gold was the system for our position.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend WhatsUp Gold.

I would rate it eight out of ten. Although the features are nice, it is quite expensive. It's not cost-effective.