WhereScape RED Review

It saves time in virtually every aspect of building a Data Warehouse.

What is most valuable?

• The automatic generation of all scripts allows for a very agile development process.
  • Wherescape also generates very thorough documentation automatically.

How has it helped my organization?

The development speed was greatly improved by using WhereScape. It saves time in virtually every aspect of building a Data Warehouse. It provides a great overview of everything you've created which makes trouble-shooting much easier as well.

What needs improvement?

There are some newer features that haven't been included in the training materials yet so they're a little outdated (although the help documentation is very good).

There are also some more complex data transformations that aren't supported and so need to be done in multiple steps.

We are two months into an enterprise-wide data warehousing project using Wherescape as the primary tool.

No deployment issues noticed.

In our experience they are happy to help and quick to reply with development solutions whenever needed.

No, this was a ground-up Data Warehouse build.

The initial setup is very easy and we were able to begin development almost immediately.

We are a data analytics consultancy that is implementing WhereScape for one of our clients.

Two months into the project we are currently 50% under budget due to how quickly it's possible to develop large-scale solutions in WhereScape. We were able to train a team with no prior WhereScape experience and begin development in much less time than if we built a standard data-warehouse, while writing procedures and creating our own documentation.

WhereScape pays for itself very quickly.

We considered many alternatives including only using SSIS and SQL Server to build the entire warehouse.