WhereScape RED Review

A fantastically, robust DW tool that will make you at least 10 times faster in producing a DW

What is our primary use case?

Producing data warehousing solutions quickly with this DW automation tool. You can generate DWs in many types of formats. We prefer Kimball architected data warehouses.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed us to produce consistently created, well-documented, easy to maintain DW solutions for our clients.

This is a fantastically, robust DW tool that will make you at least 10 times faster in producing a DW.

What is most valuable?

• It does all the code generation for you. It has very easy code to read, and it is efficient.
  • Auto documentation feature
  • Plenty of additional custom documentation features
  • It has a built-in automatic scheduling environment.
  • Naturally produces a way to easily debug your DW data solutions.

What needs improvement?

Here are some things that could improve the overall experience:

• A tool to diagnose what is missing from the environment for WhereScape to install successfully.
  • Improve the object renaming ability (it works, but it could be more automated).

Three to five years.

Never.

No issues.

Support is absolutely excellent, efficient, and timely.

Setup is straightforward, but sometimes the environment being installed does not have some of the basic things the system needs for WhereScape to install properly.

WhereScape might want to consider evaluating the system for missing things that need to be in place before the install and recommend how to fix those situations to make a successful install.

It was implemented in-house.

At least 10 times.