WinAutomation by Softomotive Review

Monitoring solution that alerts when there is a problem and integrates across multiple systems

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for IT service checks within our daily process automation.

It monitors consoles and raises alerts when things need to be alerted. For example, when a business rule is broken then an alert is raised, or if we are looking at the backup management and server availability and there is a problem with the backup then we raise an alert.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to integrate across multiple systems. For example between web portals, excel and email.

The ability to write a process that covers all of those different areas of technology.

What needs improvement?

One of the challenges is dealing with OCR text recognition. They link out to Google, IBM, and Microsoft AI services for text recognition. This area needs to continue to improve because recognizing forms and what's on a form, and then when you try to translate that into information that you can use, is very difficult. I have not been able to make that work. I think that the technology is there, but it would require too much coding and it would be too much of an investment of time to make it work.

WinAutomation doesn't have the management abilities for remote management, but we are using Splashtop to access the device that is running the software.

In the next release, I would like to see form recognition added. AI form recognition for processing things like invoices and timesheets would be number one.

I have been working with WinAutomation for two months.

It's a stable solution.

We are not scaling it much beyond a single work station, but it does seem to be scalable.

We have two users in our company. There are plans to increase our usage.

I have only used technical support a few times but they have been good.

Previously, we were not working with other similar products.

The initial setup was straightforward and it only took a few minutes to deploy.

This solution is reasonably priced and offers a free trial period.

We looked at some other tools, but we chose WinAutomation because it was a low cost of entry and a free trial.

What other advice do I have?

It takes slightly longer than you would expect to set something up that's resilient. Building resilience takes as long as building in the logic.

More WinAutomation by Softomotive reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)