Windows 10 Review

Great for personal or professional setups and offers automatic patch updates

What is most valuable?

We like that the patches are automatic. It takes away a lot of the administrative burden, from a security point of view, on the environment. You do not really need to worry about patch management on a Windows 10 machine, as it automatically does it. Those are the benefits that we see from a management point of view.

For personal or professional setups, the solution works well.

The solution is stable.

We find the solution to be quite scalable.

It does what it's meant to do. You don't want the platform to do anything more than what it's doing at the moment. It gives you the analytics. It gives you the right security posture. You can draw on it. It can integrate with other solutions.

What we like about the stack of products is if you manage it on a management console, it cuts across the enterprise. That's a benefit in terms of your rollout strategy. It's quicker to deploy, easier to deploy, and it definitely affects the user to a large degree. It doesn't consume too many resources on your endpoint.

Technical support is great in South Africa.

What needs improvement?

The whole point of Microsoft is it's a phenomenal stack of products. However, Microsoft must realize that it's operating in Africa. We cannot pay US dollars. For the cost of Microsoft Windows 10, it's just not affordable for the majority of the population in South Africa. Who's going to spend that amount of money when people are barely affording to live? It's costly.

I've been using the solution for the last 18 months. It's been over a year so far.

The stability of the solution is very good. there are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The scalability of the solution is good. If a company needs to expand the product, it can do so.

W have 50 users on Microsoft right now.

In South Africa, we have great technical support from Microsoft. It comes down to the training and the availability of resources and that is great.

We did not previously use a different solution. We've always used Microsoft.

The deployment is very easy. The initial setup is simple. There are zero hassles.

I didn't do the installation personally, however, I know we just did a deployment for about 50 users, and it took us about a day to deploy it.

You can do it just by yourself. The guidelines and the training and so forth that Microsoft provides for users are great. If you follow that, it's great. From a Microsoft point of view, if you follow the step-by-step guide, it's easy to deploy. You don't need an integrator or consultant.

The solution is overpriced for the region.

We pay a licensing fee on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer or an end-user.

As a cloud-based solution, we're using the latest version of the product.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been happy with its capabilities in general.

We would recommend the solution to other users.

More Windows 10 reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.