Windows 10 Review

This version has easier settings

What is our primary use case?

Windows 10 is an upgrade to our system and they installed it on computers. At work, it's dependent on our job. I'm a business analyst, so I use it for searching and writing.

What is most valuable?

The settings in this version are easier. For example in previous version 7, the settings were really complex. There were a lot of options. Most of the time, we had to search and read about everything. It's really better in Windows 10.

It's really slow on my laptop, but I think the settings are better. It has a better user experience.

What needs improvement?

I have some challenges with the search box. It's a good tool, but sometimes there are some problems. For example, I can't find an application that I installed earlier.

It is stable. We have between 50 to 100 users who use it my company.

I don't use technical support. If I have a problem, I can look it up myself.

The installation is better than the previous version. I remember more than 10 years ago, sometimes we had to call experts who would come and do the process for me because I couldn't install an operating system on my computer. Nowadays it's easier. I think even a child could install the operating system on a computer. It's not complex. It's really easy.

If I want to change my operating system, it takes four to five hours. I have to check all of my data and then transfer the password to a secure external for storage.  Then the installation is only one hour. After that, I take the time to install some useful applications like Microsoft Office, players, and Internet browsers.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend it to everybody. Learn about it, learn how to install Windows, how to resolve challenges and problems.

I would rate Windows 10 an eight out of ten. Windows needs to cut down because sometimes it's a little complex.

More Windows 10 reviews from users
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.