Windows 10 Review

User-friendly and supports many applications, but needs more monitoring tools for administrators and better pricing

What is most valuable?

It is user-friendly, and it supports many applications. I am working as an enterprise lead, so I have different client applications, and they are mostly compatible with Windows. The graphical interface of Windows 10 is better than Windows 8.

What needs improvement?

They should introduce some special tools for system administrators. I am currently looking at how to calculate the storage. It should have additional tools for monitoring for system administrators. A lot of such monitoring and security tools are available for free in other open-source operating systems, such as CentOS.

It should have the backup-and-restore functionality, which is integrated with any external device, such as a USB device. Windows 10 should also be free. They should only charge for Professional Windows 10, but the basic OS should be free.

Microsoft should support the Red Hat operating system. When I install Red Hat, it doesn't support NTFS. It needs some additional plug-ins.

I have been working with this solution for two to three years. I am using it in the office as well as at home.

It is stable. In our organization, we have a lot of security stacks. Windows 10 is more stable and better than Windows 8.

I have not contacted them.

The initial setup is very straightforward and simple.

The basic operating system of any hardware should be free. Therefore, it should be free. They should charge only for the enterprise level or enabling the hypervisor. They should charge for Professional Windows 10, but the basic OS should be free.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for non-IT people. It is an operating system for a novice end-user. As an administrator, there are many tools that I don't find in it.

I would rate Windows 10 a seven out of ten.

More Windows 10 reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.