Windows 10 Review

A huge step up from previous versions

What is our primary use case?

It's all right. It does the job. We use it for emails and troubleshooting widgets — stuff like that. Within our organization, there are roughly 100 employees using this solution.

What is most valuable?

Windows 10 is easy to use. It's not like Windows 8 where it had that "start menu" that took up the entire screen. I didn't like that one.

It's very straightforward. There is virtually no learning curve at all.

What needs improvement?

The updates could be improved. Sometimes when we update, there are instances where it fails or crashes. I wish they would sort that out. When the update is downloaded, maybe we could have a method of checking that the downloaded update from Windows is alright so it doesn't damage our computers before restarting it.

For me, that's the most troubling part — crashing after we've updated it. I've experienced that many times. There are instances where it has actually corrupted the Windows OS, then we have to reformat it.

Every time I have to reformat and install Windows, I have to remove so many pre-installed games and other unnecessary junk. I don't like that. It's just a bother having to remove them again and again and again.

I have been using this solution since it first hit the market.

Stability-wise, Windows 10 is great.

It's very easy to expand Windows 10.

I have to contact technical support from time to time. They're efficient, I always get what I need from them.

The initial setup is simple. It's just like any other setup of Windows.

Typically, I set it up myself. My team also knows how to deploy it. Installation takes roughly 30 to 45 minutes.

Sometimes we have to maintain it. Sometimes it slows down and we have to defragment it. Often, it's actually the computer itself that's slow simply because it's dirty; so we have to open up the computer and clean it. We handle all maintenance on our own, including cleaning the computers if they're dirty.

For Filipino standards, it's quite expensive. We pay per license. So far, there have been no hidden costs.

What other advice do I have?

Windows 10 is a big step up from Windows 7. Windows 8 was not that great. Overall, Windows 10 is a lot better than previous versions.

You'll have to update as soon as Windows 7 is no longer supported. If you stick with Windows 7, there are going to be security risks as it's not supported and updated by Windows. That's a big deal if you want security, etc.

I would absolutely recommend Windows 10 to others. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.

More Windows 10 reviews from users
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.