Windows 10 Review

An up-to-date operating system with a great firewall

What is most valuable?

Windows 10 is very up-to-date. It's a big upgrade from Windows 7. Cortana is a very important feature.

The firewall is also really powerful. It's been working really well for us. I don't use any other virus systems other than Windows.

What needs improvement?

It may be due to the features and apps that I use, but sometimes, I find my laptop slows down. Still, it's not a big problem with the OS. Other than that, I can't think of anything else that needs to be improved.

I have been using Windows 10 for five years.

Windows 10 provides us with very continuous stability. It's stable, that's why we use it.

Scalability-wise, I am happy.

I rarely have to contact support — that's a good thing.

I used to use Windows 7. Windows 7 is quite simple and traditional. Windows 10 is easier for us to navigate. It's more customizable. I like to customize my settings but Windows 7 didn't really allow me to do that. Windows 10 really considers the needs of its users.

I didn't set it up myself so I can't really comment on the initial setup. No maintenance is required, it updates automatically.

How long it takes to update really depends on your internet speed.

What other advice do I have?

I have been relying on the Windows firewall for eight years now — the security is good. I'd definitely recommend Windows just because of that.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Windows 10 a rating of nine. There is always room for improvement, that's why I am giving it a nine.

More Windows 10 reviews from users
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.