Windows 10 Review

Easy to setup, with enhanced performance and graphics

What is our primary use case?

Windows 10 is the end user's operating system. It is installed on our laptops.

It is an end-user, end-device operating system that provides users who want to establish their own workspace, to continue their day-to-day work.

What is most valuable?

When you compare with the previous generations of Windows, the graphics have been enhanced as well as the performance.

It is also more stable than previous versions of Windows.

What needs improvement?

As it is an operating system, it needs more support.

They should change their policy to include some basic support for more than just updates. We require limited support for customers and issues.

For example, Microsoft has what is known as the blue screen of death or BSOD.

When you experience BSOD, the operating system is corrupted. It needs to be reconfigured or reinstalled, and you have to reconfigure all of the applications as well. For this to be done, the customer must create a ticket with their support services to guide them in the possible steps that are available.

If they could provide some remote assistance, it would help the end users to become self-sufficient and reduce the overall IT maintenance overhead.

I have been using Windows 10 since it was launched.

The stability of the solution has improved. Windows 10 is a stable solution compared to previous versions.

It's a scalable solution.

I have seen environments where lakhs (100,000s) of end-users are using Windows 10.

They should provide remote assistance.

Microsoft needs to work on the support. Even with an S1 production loss ticket, Microsoft does not provide priority support. When they are charging for it, they should provide support for it.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The length of time it takes to deploy is dependant on the configuration. If it is a good configuration, it can take 15 minutes or less to deploy.

Windows 10 does not require a technical team to maintain it. Microsoft provides Windows updates or we use SCCM and other patch management tools to update it for us.

Anyone can complete the installation, it does not require help from an integrator or a consultant.

Microsoft charges a lot for every license, but they don't provide support with it by default.

Instead of charging for support, they should provide support with it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for anyone who wants to set up their own workspace.

I am satisfied with the functionality of the product but not the support.

I would rate Windows 10 a nine out of ten.

More Windows 10 reviews from users
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.