Windows 10 Review

Easy to set up, easy to use, and very stable

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for anything from work to play, however, I mostly use it for work.

What is most valuable?

The ease of use has been great. It feels quicker and smoother.

The initial setup is very easy.

The stability is very good.

The scalability is good.

It's easy to find answers to any questions by researching online.

What needs improvement?

I've heard that they have plans to take away the control panel, which may be a mistake unless they can improve the level of settings.

The pricing could be more competitive compared to other products of the same nature.

I have been using the solution for about three years at this point. It's been a while. I've had some time with it.

The solution is quite stable. I recently had a problem with the computer in terms of the computer hanging a lot and probably hanging five times a day and even through that, it up fairly well. It's really stable compared to previous versions.

With all the other Microsoft products you now have with Azure and what I'm currently looking at on Microsoft in June, scaling it company-wide and enterprise-wide would be very, very easy. With Microsoft, that scalability wouldn't be as much as the issue, even if you're not on site.

I am in computer support and therefore I have figured it out or used manuals online or Google searches or so forth. Although I've got access to vendors and distributors and Microsoft themselves, it's usually easier just to figure it out quicker than trying to find somebody in support. Therefore, I don't tend to deal directly with technical support.

I also work with Linux, which is less expensive. However, everyone is used to Microsoft products, and that's usually the easier route.

I found the initial setup to be very simple and straightforward. It's not complex or difficult.

The deployment is very fast. It might have taken 30 minutes or so to get everything up and running.

I can handle the solution myself. I've done it a million times. It's quite easy. Therefore, I don't need the help of any integrators or consultants.

The solution is expensive, compared to Linux. It's kind of overpriced.

It's just very expensive and the people resort to other means trying to get it which makes the problem worse.

What other advice do I have?

I do resell Microsoft products to the distributor, however, not directly from Microsoft.

I've got it on all my devices now. I don't have any older Windows now.

I'd recommend the solution to others. Windows 10 would probably be your safe go-to if you're looking for Microsoft. If you're looking for something else and can't afford the cost, then I would say Linux options may be ideal.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

More Windows 10 reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.