Windows Server Review

Stable platform that is easy to use and integrates well, and has a supportive technical team

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases are usually data and analytics. We are building platforms for our clients to exploit their data. We are building the data curation.

Also, the analytics for the front end, and the presentation of the data for the end-user.

What is most valuable?

The features that I like the most are that it's easy to use and the integration.

What needs improvement?

In terms of support, it's pretty complicated when you have to study the documentation.

It would definitely be helpful if the documentation could be more straightforward.

I have been working with Windows Server for eight years.

We are usually working with the latest version.

Windows Server is stable.

It's a scalable product. The number of users depends on our customers. Some customers have as many as 50 users while some others have 15 users. It really depends on the clients, but we're not in the thousands of end-users.

The technical support is pretty good. We have a good relationship with our vendor's specialists. We mostly work with Microsoft and some other vendors.

Overall, they are supportive.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It took approximately a month to deploy, but it depends on the number of installations we have. Some are larger and some smaller.

We need two or three staff members to deploy it. They are PDAs, they are infrastructure people who have the tech knowledge.

We have a team in our organization that we call specialists to configure the server. They are tech-savvy, and they know all about the backend.

We are integrators.

There are licensing costs for this solution, although it's not expensive. Microsoft is relatively inexpensive compared to other database platforms.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who want to use Windows Server.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More Windows Server reviews from users
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.