Windows Server Review

Reliable and quite stable with a familiar operating system

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the Arctic directory, SharePoint, or the Information System's company.

What is most valuable?

The operating system is the solution's most valuable aspect. Many people on the team are extremely familiar with it.

We haven't had any issues with the server whatsoever. It's been very reliable.

What needs improvement?

The patching could be better within the solution. There are many updates, however, if you compare it with other parts of Windows, the patching has a different management structure.

The scalability could be improved a bit.

I've worked with a company that has had the solution on and off over the course of maybe ten years or so. I've worked with them over the last two months.

The solution is quite stable. I consider it reliable. I don't have issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's been good overall.

We have at least 2000 uses on the solution currently in my organization. About 60 of those are software engineers and data scientists and other related positions.

I find the scalability to be pretty good. We don't have any issues in that sense. However, it could be a bit better.

We do plan to increase usage in the future.

Technical support is good however, you do need to sign a contract with premier support in order to get excellent service.

I don't deal with the pricing aspect of the solution and therefore can't really comment on how much it costs or if we are charged on a monthly or yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with Microsoft.

We're using both the 2012 and 2016 versions of the solution right now.

Overall, I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Windows Server reviews from users
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.