Windows Server Review

Continuous updates, always increasing stability, some features difficult

What is our primary use case?

We hosted servers on the solution. We installed programs and services on it such as Azure, an ERP product.

What needs improvement?

The solution is easy to use mostly but some features can be hard to understand for customers.

I have been using the solution for some time now and I have done so in the past year.

I would say Microsoft operating systems are more stable now than they were before, they have made some improvements over the years.

We have approximately 2000 users using the solution.

Windows server installation can be easy but it depends on what your needs are. If you built a huge platform, you can have some difficulties. On the other hand, if you use some simple build with, for example, services like IAS, it can be easily installed and you might be fine with the standard edition of Microsoft Server.

What other advice do I have?

Microsoft has done a great job with Windows. Nothing is perfect, there is always going to be some issues with software at some point but when there are problems they are normally fixed easily.

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Windows Server a seven out of ten.

More Windows Server reviews from users
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.