Windows Server Review

A simple solution that's easy to use and has okay stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a database.

What is most valuable?

The product, overall, is very simple. It's easy to use and navigate. It's got a good design.

The implementation is very easy. It doesn't give you any trouble.

What needs improvement?

The stability is okay, however, it could be better. It's an area that they could improve on if they wanted to.

I've been using the solution for two years at this point.

The stability is somewhere in between good and bad. It's so-so. It could be better.

We have 15 people that use the solution, and five engineers that manage everything as necessary.

We do plan to continue to use the product going forward.

I don't really need the assistance of technical support. I'm an engineer. Typically, I can fix any issues that may arise. Therefore, I don't contact Microsoft. I can't speak to their support service and how helpful they are.

We found the initial setup to be very simple and straightforward. It's not complex. We didn't have any issues.

I can't recall how long the actual deployment took. It was a while ago now.

I handled the installation by myself. You only really need one person to deploy the product.

We have engineers that can handle maintenance on the solution in our company.

I handled the implementation myself. I didn't need to have the installation done by a consultant or integrator.

What other advice do I have?

We only really use Windows Server for one thing. We don't have too complicated of a setup.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations. I've mostly been happy with the product overall.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure

2012
More Windows Server reviews from users
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.