Windows Server Review

Good technical support, a straightforward installation, and very easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We are primarily using the solution for implementing some of our applications.

The applications that are running are very easy to handle. Most of the applications are on the Linux environment, as well.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use due to the fact that it has a broad base. It is very easy to use for the end-user.

The installation is straightforward.

Technical support has been very good overall.

What needs improvement?

A lot of attacks are monitored however, there are a lot of things coming into it. This is why we need to provide more security with respect to the Linux platform. There's more security on Windows and not enough on Linux.

The licensing for the solution is expensive.

I've used the solution for a very long time. I can't recall the exact number of years, however. I just know it's been a long while. I've definitely used it over the last 12 months.

We have around ten technicians and they are all using the product. However, the server itself is used across the organization.

We do plan to continue to use the server going forward. We have no plans to change just now.

Technical support is very helpful and supportive. They have been knowledgeable and responsive. We're satisfied with the level of support we get.

The initial setup is quite straightforward It's not too complex. It's easy to execute on both Windows and Linux.

The deployment was pretty quick and only took about one and a half hours.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

You do have to pay for licenses to use the solution. It's quite expensive in general. However, that's just for Windows. Linux is not supported right now.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution. I'm not sure what the version number is.

We have it deployed both on-cloud and on-premises.

I'd recommend the solution to others.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.

More Windows Server reviews from users
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.