Windows Server Review

User-friendly and stable with a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We are primarily using the solution as a domain controller for user authentication and a DNS server.

What is most valuable?

We haven't had any issues so far. It works basically without any issues.

The solution is easy to use and very user-friendly. It's simple to navigate and to work with.

The solution is stable. The performance has been great over the years.

The product has the capability to scale.

The installation was very straightforward.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice if the solution was a bit cheaper. The product is a little pricey.

I use the solution daily. I've used it over the last ten years or so. It's been a decade. I've been using it for a long time.

The solution is very stable. We upgraded from 2016 to 2019 versions and we didn't have any issues. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very reliable and the performance is good.

I have read about its scalability, however, our environment is not too big. Therefore, I don't have any experience with scaling the product directly. That said, I read that it's scalable. It's just that I haven't attempted to expand it myself.

We have about 50 users on the solution currently.

We do intend to increase usage in the future.

I can't speak to how technical support is. I'm not responsible for that server. I've not experienced any issues myself that would require me to call into support.

Before using the Windows Server, I did not use other operating systems for business products. We've always just used Windows and Microsoft Office-based systems.

The initial setup was not overly complex or difficult. It was quite straightforward and fairly simple.

The deployment is fast. It takes less than 20 minutes.

We also moved from 2016 to 2019 versions without any issues.

Maintenance does not require a large amount of staff. One person is responsible for the environment for the Window Servers. We have an IT administrator handling the duties.

I handled the implementation myself. I did not need the assistance of any consultants or integrators.

The solution does require a company to obtain a license.

We would like the licenses to be less expensive. Generally, the price is too high.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and an end-user. We don't have a business relationship with Microsoft.

I would recommend this solution to other organizations.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. We've been very pleased with its overall capabilities.

2019
More Windows Server reviews from users
...who compared it with Ubuntu Linux
Learn what your peers think about Windows Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.