Windward Core Review

Most valuable feature: ability to design reports, using all formatting bells and whistles, in Microsoft Word and Excel.

What is most valuable?

The ability to design reports, using all the formatting bells and whistles, in Microsoft Word and Excel. Plus the ability to combine XML data and SQL data.

How has it helped my organization?

The most important is how we have been able to produce much more persuasive and professional reports than our peers.

What needs improvement?

Pricing is based off server cores. This has caused us to have to engineer our production server environment around the product.

6 or 7 years.

None. It is really easy to implement.

The product is very stable, and we have yet to find a scenario where the design environment (AutoTag) was different than our production environment (.NET Engine).

No issues with scalability.

As good as the product is, the customer service is even better. Out of all of the products we use in our company, Windward is hands down the best support without even a close second.

Awesome.

We originally used Crystal Reports, and then tried WSDL. We switched because of the versatility in report design available using Word/Excel.

Very straightforward. AutoTag takes some getting used to, but if you have used a report writer or a macro structure before it comes pretty easily. The production use is even easier. Literally just a few lines of code to delploy.

In-house.

We never evaluated, but it has never been a question.

What other advice do I have?

Try it and you’ll buy it. We have introduced several of our friends to this product and they have all been impressed.

More Windward Core reviews from users
Revolutionize Your Automated Document Generation Process

WindWard Core makes customized document automation fast and simple. Install WindWard Core and start designing your own templates in a matter of minutes!