Windward Core Review

Before Windward, we needed to use SSRS reporting engine to render reports to MS Word.

What is most valuable?

I like Windward as it's directly attached to MS Word and we actually develop the report on MS Word. It gives us the benefit of using most of the MS Word features. Lot of clients of ours prefer reports in MS Word format and therefore Windward suits us quite well. Also, it's much better compared to a couple of years ago.

How has it helped my organization?

Previously we were using SSRS reporting engine to render reports to MS Word. It couldn't deliver what our clients wanted. So we had to go for an alternative. Now clients are quite happy as they get pretty much what they wanted. It may not be 100% but quite close.

What needs improvement?

I think it needs few other reporting features like grouping data on the report itself.

About three years.

Yes there were some unexpected bugs but we were able to find workarounds.

Yes there were some unexpected bugs but we were able to find workarounds.

No, not really.

It's quite good actually. Usually I get a response within 24 hours.

It's quite good actually. Usually I get a response within 24 hours.

I'd say average. Not easy nor really complex.

In house implementation was done.

When I started a couple of years ago Windward wasn't a very stable product. So the maintenance cost was bit high. But now it's much better.

I was not involved in the process. But I was told that Windward was the only one they could find as a better product in terms of delivering what our clients wanted at that time.

What other advice do I have?

It's a really good product if you really want the reports in MS Word form and if you want to use MS Word features in your reports.

More Windward Core reviews from users
Revolutionize Your Automated Document Generation Process

WindWard Core makes customized document automation fast and simple. Install WindWard Core and start designing your own templates in a matter of minutes!