Windward Core Review

Low learning curve. Has reduced our template development time.

What is most valuable?

• There's less of a a learning curve than with other reporting tools and it has easy to design complex templates using the AutoTag Microsoft Office plugin.
  • I can use Microsoft Office standard features with templates. This has reduced template development time on coding, layouts and formatting.
  • We receive customer data in various formats and it is very convenient to pass the XML datasource to generate reports.
  • Easy to integrate with our company product using Javelin Server RESTful web-services API.

How has it helped my organization?

Reduced design time for complex templates.

What needs improvement?

• Javelin Server improvements: the ability to change the datasource file path on run-time.
  • AutoTag improvements: does not support dynamically changing headers and footers on Microsoft Office Word templates.

I've used it for four years.

No issues encountered.

10 out of 10 - excellent.

10 out of 10 - excellent, promptly responded to all our queries communicating between the UK and the US.

No solution was used previously.

Setup was straightforward using Javelin Server (Setup using IIS7 & SQL DB) and AutoTag – Microsoft Office 2010.

We implemented it in-house and we received support when required.

Excellent investment for reducing template designing cost. Could not provide percentage numbers.

Day to day cost – None apart from development time for new template design.

We also evaluated Jaspersoft Report Designer.

What other advice do I have?

• It's easy to use
  • Use standard Microsoft Office to design complex templates so you can utilize rich Microsoft Office formatting, layouts etc.

More Windward Core reviews from users
Revolutionize Your Automated Document Generation Process

WindWard Core makes customized document automation fast and simple. Install WindWard Core and start designing your own templates in a matter of minutes!