Windward Core Review

It suits us well with templates for Word, Excel and PowerPoint, along with full integration into our application.

What is most valuable?

• Word and Excel template generation
  • Ability to integrate with our application

How has it helped my organization?

Our reporting tool is now fully integrated with our application, appearing and behaving as part of the application.

Report layouts can be done by less technical staff.

What needs improvement?

Some graphing capability could be improved and differences in layout for different formats (Word, PDF, etc.).

3 years

No. Drop in the WAR and call the API.

None

We generate a fairly low volume of concurrent reports, so not an issue.

Excellent. Always got a response within hours and fixes or guidance quickly.

Excellent

Yes, we used Oracle BI Publisher. Windward integrates easier, has a better Word template builder (Publisher didn't have Excel or PowerPoint template builders), and better licensing options to suit us.

Simply drop in the WAR file. We had to do work on our end to secure the data we pass in to Windward.

In-house

We bought on a x number of reports generated per month basis, which suited us as we have a lot of infrequent users and monthly reports (a lot of reports are run within 1 or 2 days).

Pentaho and Oracle BI were the main contenders.

More Windward Core reviews from users
Revolutionize Your Automated Document Generation Process

WindWard Core makes customized document automation fast and simple. Install WindWard Core and start designing your own templates in a matter of minutes!