Windward Studios Review

Low learning curve. Has reduced our template development time.

Valuable Features

• There's less of a a learning curve than with other reporting tools and it has easy to design complex templates using the AutoTag Microsoft Office plugin.
  • I can use Microsoft Office standard features with templates. This has reduced template development time on coding, layouts and formatting.
  • We receive customer data in various formats and it is very convenient to pass the XML datasource to generate reports.
  • Easy to integrate with our company product using Javelin Server RESTful web-services API.

Improvements to My Organization

Reduced design time for complex templates.

Room for Improvement

• Javelin Server improvements: the ability to change the datasource file path on run-time.
  • AutoTag improvements: does not support dynamically changing headers and footers on Microsoft Office Word templates.

Use of Solution

I've used it for four years.

No issues encountered.

10 out of 10 - excellent.

10 out of 10 - excellent, promptly responded to all our queries communicating between the UK and the US.

No solution was used previously.

Setup was straightforward using Javelin Server (Setup using IIS7 & SQL DB) and AutoTag – Microsoft Office 2010.

Implementation Team

We implemented it in-house and we received support when required.

ROI

Excellent investment for reducing template designing cost. Could not provide percentage numbers.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Day to day cost – None apart from development time for new template design.

Other Solutions Considered

We also evaluated Jaspersoft Report Designer.

Other Advice

• It's easy to use
  • Use standard Microsoft Office to design complex templates so you can utilize rich Microsoft Office formatting, layouts etc.

Try It For Yourself