Windward Studios Review

Designing report templates is straightforward with the standard Microsoft Word package.

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use and design reporting templates is straightforward with usage of standard MicrosoftWord package.
  • Does not require user a huge amount of time to learn all features and how to use a tool with MS package.
  • Easily pulls out data from MySQL server into format that can be usable by our internal staff or external customers.

How has it helped my organization?

Reduced time in creating reports, as previously used MS Excel to manually create all reports

What needs improvement?

• Requires some work on page numbers (footer) in Word, as it places the page number in the center, when output in PDF page number is more to right than center.
  • Outputting in PDF needs to be like for like with Word.
  • Does not supporting text color in charts (does not allow changing legend text color).

I have used it for three months.

No deployment issues encountered.

The tool is stable enough.

No scalability issues encountered.

Great customer service: 10 of 10.

Excellent technical support: 10 of 10.

I haven't previously used a different solution myself, but the company used pure Excel for reporting and it was time consuming.

• Straightforward setup of tool

It was implemented in-house.

Good investment for reducing template/report design time/costs.

Great value; no other costs apart from template design time.

Unable to comment, as I wasn't at the company at that time.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great tool, as using the standard MS package helps with learning, because it uses mostly MS Office functions to design templates.

More Windward Studios reviews from users