Windward Studios Review
AutoTag allows our users to design templates based on their differing needs

What is our primary use case?

Allow law firms to create template documents based on data drawn from our application. Allow bank users to create reports based on their debt portfolio

The template documents are all legal documents created during the collection process of a foreclosure file. We have developed a couple of dozen templates so far.

How has it helped my organization?

The templates used to have to be filled out individually for each file. We currently have over 5000 files active in our system, so this saves the user a lot of time.

What is most valuable?

AutoTag, because it integrates with MS Word and makes it easy for our users to create template documents and reports.

We have multiple banks using our system, and they all have different formatting needs. AutoTag allows our users to design the templates based on differing needs of the banks. So the ability Windward provides for users to have design and layout control is important.

What needs improvement?

I do not have enough experience with it to give an accurate answer. It works great compared to what he had, and the support we have received has been fantastic.

One thing I haven't found a way around so far: Is there any way to avoid AutoTag loading in Word/Excel each time? I need to use it from time to time - quite rarely. AutoTag affects performance of Word/Excel. I do not want to install/uninstall AutoTag each time I need it.

Less than one year.

No issues with stability.

Have not run into any issues.

Excellent, to this point.

Custom solution, as noted elsewhere in this review.

It was straightforward, nothing complex.

We looked at a couple of others, although I do not remember the names.

What other advice do I have?

I have just started using the product within the last six months and would give it a rating of eight out of 10, currently.

We connect to a SQL database using JSON and output using Word, Excel, and PDF. Our output performance requirements, when making our solution decision, were integration with MS Office suite and the ability to create documents and reports. We did build a custom solution and it was very limited and restrictive.  We needed something with more options that integrated better with MS applications.

It is a good product, and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Download Free Trial

Best-in-class Document Generation

2 Comments

Haleh MehrabadiReal UserTOP 20

It's easy to crate different report template by using autotag.

04 July 18
reviewer192681Vendor

Hi Paul;

First, thank you for the very nice review.

Your wish to turn AutoTag on/off, you can easily do that. In the registry go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\AutoTag2013.Connect and set LoadBehavior to 0 to turn it off. And back to 3 to turn it on. (If you have 64-bit Office I think the key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\AutoTag2013.Connect.)

thanks - dave