WinMagic SecureDoc Review
Provides DLP and security of all company data on workstations, however we had issues with deployment on legacy-formatted drives

What is most valuable?

The Central Management server.

How has it helped my organization?

Provides DLP and security of all company data on workstations.

What needs improvement?

• MacOS X is missing features.
  • OS X High Sierra is still not supported.

11 months.

We had issues with deployment on legacy-formatted drives so make sure you know how your drives are formatted. The vendor does not recommend using legacy-formatted drives.

We had issues at my organization with certain workstations still on Legacy BIOS formatted drives. It is highly recommended to use UEFI/GPT with this product, especially on anything after Windows 7.

No, we have roughly 1,000 workstations, but a single server supports up to 100,000.

The technical support is very good. They were able to recommend a fix for a database connectivity issue that we had which was self-inflicted. The support engineer was actually able to recommend the fix, segmenting our virtual environment on separate VLANs, which ended up solving the issue.

Fairly straightforward.

Licensing and pricing is on par with the market.

Check Point.

What other advice do I have?

Know how your drives are formatted. Do not jump into this without extensive testing on all supported workstations.