• This software analyzes network packets in detail and displays a detailed view of the network packets, highlighting any malware and suspicious software
• Users (network administrators) can easily identify and troubleshoot any network problems that are visible in the packet data
• It works with a large number of protocols
• The network packet analysis report is saved in multiple formats including XML, PS, TXT & CSV.
• Network packets can be captured from various media types
• When combined with GeoIP, you have the edge to capture traffic on a country basis
• Open source tool that can be customized to user preferences
• Protocol based color coding enabled
• User-friendly layout
• Supported with GUI interface
Room for Improvement:
• Wireshark does not allw you to make any changes relevant to the network. In other words, you can only observe the network.
Wireshark is a dynamic software that has developed and adapted to the latest technology advancements and network challenges. It helps network administrators in conducting their packet analysis on a regular basis. Because of its detailed reports, Wireshark enables users to identify and troubleshoot network issues at a glance.
Find out what your peers are saying about Wireshark, Colasoft, Viavi Solutions and others in Network Troubleshooting. Updated: May 2021.
502,499 professionals have used our research since 2012.