WordPress Review

Easy to use with many different interfaces to chose from

What is our primary use case?

We use WordPress for both of our websites, www.mainemusicnews.com and www.jolesphotography.com.

WordPress has allowed us to maintain our own website at a reasonable cost, giving us the ability to reach people worldwide with our concert photography.

How has it helped my organization?

WordPress is hands down easy and intuitive to use. I have built many sites using WordPress and have always enjoyed the project. We use WordPress on two different websites and it solves all of our website issues. It also allows me to have multiple photographers geo-separated and still give them access to upload their own material.

What is most valuable?

The ability to upload photos and share them with people all around the world has really made my dream of photographing rockstars a reality. Prior to having WordPress, I had no ability to share my work and no credibility within the music industry. WordPress has opened many doors for me.

What needs improvement?

I would recommend dumping the Gutenberg interface and going back to the classic editor.  I understand the need for using BLOCKS to develop a page.  However, I would recommend taking a long hard look at Elementor and Elementor Pro as when it comes to developing a website, I have found using Elementor to be much more intuitive than using the Gutenberg interface.

More than ten years.

Stability is always a concern. Take your time performing updates when new x.00 releases come out.

I find it has met my needs rather nicely.

We used Squarespace previously, but it had issues with SEO, specifically with Google indexing tags.

There is no real setup cost if you do it yourself.

What other advice do I have?

Since it was released, I have been using the classic editor and it works and provides all of the necessary elements. However, I would recommend taking a look at Elementor and seeing how they are implementing the use of blocks in their page builder.